Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Noirish night

I spent a very pleasant evening with Glenn from International Noir yesterday evening. We hooked up at Kramer's bookstore off Dupont Circle in Washington DC. Had a good browse of the books and chatted about different authors and books and other stuff. I did quite well in that I only came away with 6 books. Afterwards I headed to a big book-barn place by myself. It was a strangely lifeless, soulless space. It had 7 bookcases of SF, 9 cases of romance and 3 of what it called mystery, 90% of which were cozies. I couldn't get my head into alignment with its stocking policy and left after five minutes (and I'm usually a minimum of a good half an hour browsing kind of a person). Also spent a couple of interesting hours in the Smithsonian Air and Space museum; well worth a visit if your visiting DC.













3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I adore LOST IN THE CITY and hope you do as well. Just think-after writing that he went back to some menial job and didn't write again for many years. Also love Roseanna and all the Sjowall and Wahloo books. The first is my favorite though.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Also POLITICS AND PROSE is a very good bookstore-in Chevy Chase, I think.

Dorte H said...

I am pleased to see Roseanna, but I think the cover is boring. Very 70ish. (Not that mine is much better; it is all-red).