Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday Service

Arrived back from Montreal this afternoon after experiencing the joys of transferring through Heathrow; definitely the most chaotically designed airport I've experienced. I'n now wrecked from the travelling. Managed to finish The Main by Trevanian on the plane. Interesting to read a novel of an unfamiliar place, which one can explore whilst one reads. It might be forty odd years since the book was written, but the landscape along the Boulevard Saint-Laurent has little altered. All through the story, the Hotel de Ville de Montreal was being sandblasted to clean up the stonework and, and right now it is undergoing restoration work, covered in a giant hoarding.

My posts this week:
Review of The Burning Girl by Mark Billingham
The Main
Well you wouldn't think I'm in Canada from the books I've bought
Review of He Died With His Eyes Open by Derek Raymond

No comments: