Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lazy Sunday Service

I'm just finishing off Michelle Williams' Down Among The Dead Men: A Year in the Life of Mortuary Technician. It's not the descriptions of eviscerations and postmortems that is making me squirm, but rather the way in which some people die. The description that has stuck in my head is of a doctor who's patient has died and his treatment is being investigated. If your squeamish, stop reading now. The doctor fearing he is going to be struck off, takes his jeep and backs it up to a tree. Then he ties a rope around the trunk, threads it in through the back door, leaving a lot of slack, and ties it around his neck. He then revs the vehicle and drives off. Ouch! I can't seem to dislodge that image from my overactive imagination.

My posts this week
Review of City of Bohane by Kevin Barry
Winterland
Moonlighting and Northern Exposure
Review of The Big Mango by Jake Needham
Final notice

No comments: