Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lazy Sunday Service

Some of the books I ordered turned up at the local bookshop on Friday. I collected them yesterday. Really looking forward to tucking into them: The Cold, Cold Ground by Adrian McKinty; Killed at the Whim of a Hat by Colin Coterill; White Heat by Melanie McGrath; Death on the Marais by Adrian Magson; Or the Bull Kills You by Jason Webster; and Kiss Me Quick by Danny Miller. I'm going to start with Adrian McKinty.

I'm not one for following blog challenges, but I'm going to have a go at this one - reading 365 short stories in a year (and in my case mostly flash fiction). The associated blog is Shortstory365. It'll probably go in fits and starts, rather than one a day. I'm already behind, but only started a couple of days ago. I'm going to keep a record of them in Sunday Service slot (* denotes the standouts for me).

Short stories read this week:
Two and a half miles by W.D. County (Spinetingler)*
Fashionably late by R. Thomas Brown (The Laughter Shack)
What Could Happen by Matthew C. Funk (Flash Fiction Offensive)
Lambs of God by Patti Abbott (Spinetingler)*
Scrapbook by Joe Myers (Shotgun Honey)
T-Bone's Girl by Edward Vaughn (Shotgun Honey)*
Teddy in the Tree by Wayne A. Conaway (Thrillers, Killers and Chillers)

My posts this week:
Review of Devil's Peak by Deon Meyer
Facebook and Irish Crime Fiction
ALA Choice Award
Review of In a Lonely Place by Dorothy B Hughes
She has to go

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

It is tough to read one a day, but I find it makes a nice accompaniment to lunch. Must confess, those 10,000 word ones will get short shrift.