Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oxford jaunt

Off to Oxford today to collect the Cantemir Prize for The Map Reader this evening from Prince Radu of Romania on behalf of the Berendel Foundation.  Seems it will be relatively informal, but I need to say a few words of thanks which I'll jot down on the plane over.  Not really sure of dress code, but I've packed a tie, so that should cover things off.  Hopefully I've not left things too tight on the timing.  I couldn't face a 6am flight to arrive seven hours early, so I've an early afternoon flight.  Train is due into Oxford at 5.15 and we're meeting at 6pm for a 6.30 start.  I can trust British trains, right?   Should be interesting evening and conference, which follows tomorrow and Saturday.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congrats, Rob. Great achievement.

Marina Sofia said...

Well done. I have a link to Romania and Dimitrie Cantemir (whom the prize is named after) was both a prince and a scholar/geographer/writer. Enjoy the pomp of Oxford (regardless of how informal they claim it is). Not sure about the reliability of trains in England, though...

Sell Property said...

Hello great experience, dude! thanks for this great Articles wow… it’s very wonderful report.