Friday, October 19, 2012

NoirCon blues

For quite a while I've been toying with trying to go to NoirCon in Philadelphia, Nov 8-11.  I would dearly like to attend, but it's right in the middle of the semester and I'm tied up with teaching and admin (I'm still head of two departments).  So this year is out, but this is a note to myself: I will do my damnest to attend the next one.  One can't beat a bit of some dark, soulful noir and the chance to talk about it with writers and other fans; which reminds me, I need to stock up on some new books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - I do hope you get to go to NoirCon at some point. Of course, I'm biased because I consider Philadelphia home. But even so it's got a good reputation.

Peter Rozovsky said...

Noircon happens every two years, so you have plenty of time to plan ahead and shunt work off to colleagues for a week.
===========================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com