Thursday, September 19, 2013

Book launches

It's dawned on me that tomorrow I'll be launching Stiffed and the Oxford Dictionary of Human Geography.  Work has organised an event to mark my stepping down as director of the institute I've run for the past 11.5 years.  Rather than hold another event, we've folded the book launches in as well.  Which is fine by me as I'm always a reluctant participant in these kinds of events.  Hopefully I can get away skulking at the back with a bottle of wine whilst working my way through the nibbles. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - Congratulations on the double-launch! But I don't think you'll be able to get away with hiding in the back...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rob.

Bill Selnes said...

Congratulations Rob. I hope you enjoy the day. It encompasses several significant events. I think there are too few celebrations in life and too many sad events.