Sunday, September 22, 2013

Lazy Sunday Service

At my 'no longer head of department' gig on Friday I was very kindly given some Amazon vouchers.  The first item in the basket was Jack Irish, the TV adaptation of two of Peter Temple's novels - Bad Debts and Black Tide.  I'm really looking forward to watching these as the novels were terrific and Guy Pearce is a brilliant actor, so it should be a winning combination.  It was followed by Peter Quinn's Hour of the Cat and Malcolm Mackay's The Necessary Death of Lewis Winter.  Now I'm pondering and I'm about to work my way through some review sites to see what else should join them.

My posts this week

Review of Ostland by David Thomas
Review of All the Lonely People by Martin Edwards
Book launches
Learning to count in the shelter

2 comments:

TracyK said...

I was going to suggest Peter Quinn's Hour of the Cat as a pre-World War II book you might enjoy, because my husband had read it and liked it. But I see you already are aware of it. Looking forward to your review.

Rob Kitchin said...

Tracy, I only discovered Peter Quinn this weekend. He's one of two authors appearing at the Irish Crime Fiction Festival I've not read, so I thought I'd better rectify that, especially as it sounds like exactly the kind of book I'd enjoy. If your husband has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.