Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lazy Sunday Service

If you're interested in the property crash in Ireland, then I've recently done two 10 minute interviews on RTE Radio 1.  The first on This Week on January 5th (postcast here) and the second on Drivetime on January 17th (podcast here).  I've also written two blog posts explaining where things are at and what that might mean.

Is a new house price bubble forming in Dublin and could creating more supply temper price rises?
House prices in Dublin might be rising, but we’re a long, long way from a normal market

I did a fair bit of media work last year, including 3 television interviews, 11 radio interviews, and interviews with journalist that resulted in 15 mentions in international newspapers and 29 in national ones.  It's not something that I proactively court, and I turn a fair bit down when its not my area of expertise or pass them to colleagues, but I do think it's important for academics to contribute when they can, so I'm happy to participate in debates when asked.

My posts this week:

Pulling a thread
Review of Broken Harbour by Tana French
New year splurge
Big data: draft of encyclopedia entry

No comments: