Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lazy Sunday Service

Last week I was in Izmir and Paris giving talks.  I thought Turkey was interesting and would happily travel back for a bit more of a look around.  I only had two days to wander about as I was working the other two days, but found the bazaars, ancient sites, and museums fascinating.  Paris was a bit of a nightmare, mostly because I was pressed for time and the train drivers seemed to be on semi-strike, going at half-speed or simply stopping for extended periods, and everything was packed.  C'est la vie.



My posts this week
Review of Raylan by Elmore Leonard
Review of Istanbul Puzzle by Laurence O'Bryan
Sunrise

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

Have to say Rob Turkey is worth a longer visit - one of my favourite countries to have visited - there's such a wide variety to see and do there - exotic cities, historic ruins, some amazing landscapes, exceptionally friendly people, great food and (for us Aussies anyway) a place for pilgrimage as there's a strip of coastline where we took part in one of the stupidest and deadliest war time landings ever - for some unfathomable reason we celebrate this defeat in a way that we wouldn't do if we'd won but that's a psychological issue to consider another day.

Anonymous-9 said...

Absolutely fascinating, Rob. Would've love to hear more.
Elaine

Rob Kitchin said...

Bernadette, yes, Turkey seems to be a place worth a trek around - loads of history, good food, and friendly people. I think every nation has a stupid war that they celebrate losing.

Elaine, I might get round to posting more, but I think I need to go back first. It was such a fleeting visit. Flying visit to Copenhagen tomorrow to present a 15 minute talk. I don't want to think what the carbon footprint per minute is for that talk.