Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sunrise

Jimmy did a double-take and moved to the wall.  On the other side, Gerry Dolan was sitting on a deck chair, wearing striped pyjamas and holding an empty mug.

‘You’re up early, Gerry.’

‘I was watching the sunrise,’ Gerry said, his eyes not leaving the horizon.

‘Was it good?’

‘Not bad.  I’ve never seen it before.’

‘A sunrise?’

‘The start of the solstice.  The longest day.  I’d thought it would be spiritual.’

‘Spiritual?’

‘Aye.’

‘You okay, Gerry?’

‘Not like the Northern lights.  I sat out half the night.’

‘So you’re training to become a druid then?’

‘Sarcasm’s very unspiritual, Jimmy.’




A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these characters already, Rob!

Tom McGraw said...

Short, sweet, smile. Cheers.
Tom McGraw