Sunday, August 31, 2014

Lazy Sunday Service

The new academic year has started and I've already been sucked into the fray.  I spent most of last week in London at the Royal Geographical Society/Institute of British Geographers conference, where I delivered one paper, was a discussant in six sessions, and chaired another.  This week coming I'm running a two day workshop on Code and the City, with many of the world's leading scholars in the field coming to Maynooth to discuss how software is changing urban systems and life.  The week after I'm back to London for a couple of days, and the week after that term starts and we also launch the Dublin Dashboard, a treasure trove of data about the city.  This is an extended way of saying, expect the number of posts to drop off for the next wee while.  On reading news, I'm just finishing off Cathi Unsworth's Bad Penny Blues and hope to make a start on Mark Haskell Smith's Salty this evening.

My posts this week:
Data Revolution book published
Review of The Sun is God by Adrian McKinty
Review of I Married a Dead Man by Cornell Woodrich
Changing paths

No comments: