Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tiny seed of doubt

‘I know I didn’t kill her,’ Lonny said, picking at a thumb nail.  ‘I’ve never even met her.  But, then ... if you’re told enough times that you did something, then you start to doubt yourself, you know?  There’s this tiny seed of doubt. I know I’m innocent, but then ... You’ve got to get me out of here, Mr Allen.  I’m starting to go crazy.  They’re driving me crazy; messing with my head.  Why would I kill a woman I didn’t know?  And how did I do it if I’ve never met her? None of it makes any sense!’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rob, I really like this look 'inside the head' of someone who's accused of a crime he didn't commit. I can even actually see this working if Lonny is guilty, but for whatever reason doesn't remember (or is pretending very well). Well done