Saturday, July 25, 2015

I can’t confess to what I don’t remember

‘I don’t remember.’

‘You don’t remember killing an old man?  Stabbing him fifteen times in the chest?’

‘No.’

‘You’ve no idea how you came to be covered in his blood?’

‘No.’

‘Or why you were hiding in his garage?’

‘I don’t remember anything.’

Harkin slammed his hand down on the table making Malloy jump. 

‘I don’t believe you.  You went there with the intention of robbing Mr Smith.  Only it went wrong.  Perhaps he wouldn’t give you the money.  Perhaps he insulted you.  Then you lost it.’

‘No.’

‘The evidence suggests otherwise.’

‘I can’t confess to what I don’t remember.’




A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I want to know why Malloy doesn't remember. Or whether he's lying and does remember... Well done, Rob.